Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Barrio Cafe in Phoenix

Wow! It must really be a special place. I haven't been there yet, but I will go if I get the chance. The Barrio Cafe ranked number one on the Arizona Republic's latest list of great Mexican food restaurants. I knew that it also ranked number one last year, but I did not know until a few minutes ago that it ranked number one for the past 6 years including 2008.

What makes a restaurant this great? Well, according to their website, it's partly because it was a dream of chef Silvana Salcido Esparza who is a partner (a chef with a vested interest), partly because they feature authentic southern Mexico cuisine, partly because chef Esparza serves original creations and partly because it's a "hot and original" restaurant.

Here is a link to their website. See for yourself what they have to offer, and, if you go there to eat, please let us know about your experience. Thanks!

www.barriocafe.com

No comments: