Friday, October 3, 2008

Those Peppers Just Keep Coming

There is a Family Dollar store about a mile down the road from where we live. We stop in there a lot for this and that. Real handy. Anyway, the last time I stopped in they had two new varieties of Pringles potato chips. (They sell a ton of Pringles.) These two new varieties are new "Extreme" varieties. One was an "Extreme Pickle" variety, and the other was an "Extreme blazin' buffalo wing."

Naturally that "blazin' buffalo wing" thing caught my eye the most. I just had to read the list of ingredients. The secret to the "blazin' buffalo wing" variety is what they call their "cayenne pepper sauce." It is made with cayenne peppers, vinegar, salt and garlic, and then incorporated into the potato chips.

I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure I will before too long. It seems there are more and more ways for people to get their chili pepper fix, and this is one more.

Food manufacturers have caught on to the demand for chili pepper - infused foods. Taco Bell has a new "Volcano Taco" with a red shell that is made with cayenne peppers among other things. I have tried one of those, and, at least according to my taste buds, it the hottest item they have offered so far. Pretty good. It doesn't take much effort these days to look around and find new items being offered that contain chili peppers, and most of them are pretty good. Look for this trend to continue as more and more folks around the world become chili heads.

Hooray for chili peppers!

No comments: